In Rank Tracker, it's crucial to state the location with which Ahrefs will help you track your keywords. Different locations will reflect different keyword ranking positions.
Rankings in a city, say Idaho, USA will be different from that in a country, say Singapore.
Depending on your subscription plan, the number of locations that can be added will differ:
Here are some questions you can ask yourself when choosing the locations:
- Where are you trying to rank for on Google?
- Which country are you focussing your SEO efforts on?
- Is your target audience from a specific country or multiple countries?
- Is your business covering the whole of a country say the USA or specific cities within or just 1 city, say Idaho?
- Where are your largest markets sorted by the value of each market?
If you are unsure of the answers to the above questions, you could start with adding the country and the city you are physically present at the moment.
As you proceed with your marketing efforts and have a clearer idea on the specific city/country you would like to actively pursue search rankings in, you could then change the location accordingly.
- Adding keywords for an existing project
- Adding competitors to Rank Tracker
- How does "Locations per website" work?