Alerts are helpful in achieving some of your SEO tasks, like reaching out to acquire new backlinks, etc.
However, there are times where you may wish to change the frequency of the alerts. Or you might want to temporarily disable them, or add more recipients to keep your team informed.
Luckily, changing your Alerts settings is easy.
It only takes a few minutes to edit your email alerts for the following: Backlinks, New keywords, New mentions and Rank tracker.
And here's how.
Accessing the Alerts Settings
There are several ways where the alerts can be accessed:
- Clicking the 'Alerts' tab found on the main navigational menu
From here, you can toggle between backlinks alerts, new keywords alerts as well as new mentions alerts.
Click on the "Settings" icon to start editing your alerts.
2. Via the Dashboard
In this case, backlink alerts, keyword alerts and rank tracker alerts can be accessed.
3. In Rank Tracker
You can also access alerts in Rank Tracker (this is specifically for Rank Tracker alerts):
4. Directly from your 'Alert' emails
Once you click "Edit Alert", it will bring you to the login page (or directly to the Ahrefs Alerts page if you're already signed in).
Simply toggle between the different alerts and click on "Settings" to edit them.
Editing the Alerts Settings
You would be able to change the following:
- Recipients (up to 3 email addresses and separated by a "comma") to send these emails to. Do also note that a confirmation note will be sent to the added email address and the emails will only be sent upon confirmation after users click on the confirmation link.
- Frequency of alerts. Depending on the specific feature and your subscription type, the frequency of alerts options will differ accordingly.
- Turn on or off email alerts.